Tonight, downtown Memphis will be filled with greatness. Business Guru Curtis Givens and CGI Entertainment are set to present ‘The Power 30′. Givens will be honoring 32 individuals whose distinction and influence places them in Memphis’ top tier. These individuals were hand-selected. Their efforts and dedication makes the city of Memphis a more progressive and desirable place to live, work, and play.
Their power moves have contributed to making our people, our businesses and industries, and communities a better place, thus creating a positive and lasting impact on the great city of Memphis.
This event kicks off 20 years of CGI’s ‘Can I Live Weekend’.
Xclusive Memphis has gathered 10 fast facts about tonight’s event:
- Although the event is entitled ‘Power 30’, Givens is set to honor 32 individuals.
- There will be a Black Quartet playing tonight.
- The Ice for beverages was flown in from Tokyo.
- The Ice is engraved with ‘Power 30’ (available while it lasts).
- This is a Formal Event. Tuxedos and Ball Gowns are a must.
- There well be Valet parking available.
- Event starts at 9pm.
- The Event is Sold Out!
- Event takes place at the Hyatt Centric Rooftop.
- This event is Hosted by Media Guru/Businessman Kenny Burns.
The first Power 30 reception recognizes and celebrates influential power makers in the city of Memphis. They are entrepreneurs, activist, doctors, educators, moguls and give reason of hope that make this city a better place. The honorees have shown leadership, dedication and innovation that have shaped a significant impact on their organizations, communities and through their philanthropic efforts.
They are direct reflections and proof that the future will be new, exciting and profoundly different through their work. This reception highlights the honorees for channeling their diverse perspectives and skillsets to build strong, inclusive and forward thinking communities, businesses, and overall change in a place we call home.
Stay tuned for pics and recap!