The 2013 BET Awards came and went. High Fashion, Red Carpets, Great Music and more were just a few that had social media buzzing. I was running in between events, but thanks to social media, I did not miss anything. My highlights for the evening are below.
Anyone who knows me know when Tamlea Mann took the stage to sing, Take me to the King, I was floored. I love Tamela and her amazing voice. Her hair is always layed and her style was on point.
Next, why would they let Nicki Minaj perform explicit music, if they couldn’t keep up with the bloops and beeps. She was throwing explicit lyrics all over the place.
The homie Ray J and his sister Brandy hosted the BET After party and he was giving me life with the purple polka dots socks. Although, I could not locate a picture of the socks. Below is the brother/sister duo posted up.
Kevin Hart and that shirt….Need I say more. Kevin Hart is on top of his game right now. However, somewhere in between his hotel and his appearance, his shirt was swapped. It was 2 sizes too sizes. Oh but how we love Kevin.
Oh and shout out to Dwayne Wade’s stylist for dressing him in male clothing on last night. I guess they wanted to make sure he was not in competition with the leading lady on his arm, Ms. Gabrielle Union. Gab was killing the red carpet in that red dress.
If you missed any of this, don’t worry, BET will replay 101 times, I guarantee you. Here is a full award run down.
BET Awards 2013 Winners List:
- Best Male R&B/Pop Artist: Miguel
- Best New Artist: Kendrick Lamar
- Best Male Hip-Hop Artist: Kendrick Lamar
- Best Female Hip-Hop Artist: Nicky Minaj
- Cadillac Lifetime Achievement Award: Charlie Wilson
- Best Actor: Jamie Foxx
- Subway Sportswoman of the Year: Gabrielle Douglas
- YoungStars award: Gabrielle Douglas
- Subway Sportsman of the Year: Lebron James
- Humanitarian Award: Dwayne Wade
- Best Gospel: Mary Mary (Erica and Tina Campbell)
- Best Collaboration: ASAP Rocky ‘Problems’ featuring Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar
- Best Movie: ‘Think Like A Man’
- Fandemonium Award: Chris Brown
- Coco Cola Viewer’s Choice: Drake
Connect With Us: