From fried chicken to shrimp & grits, the recipes in the 2 Chainz new digital cookbook are full of flavor.
With a recipe accompanying each of the LP’s 14 tracks, “ME Time” meets “#MEALTIME,” a digital cookbook of 2Chainz’s favorite eats, produced in collaboration with Atlanta-based Chef Aleem.
“As we all know, some people have a lot of flavor, while others enjoy their food and their lifestyle a little more subtle (boring),” the cookbook’s preface states. 2Chainz hails from the more flavorful camp it seems, “reaching into his deep, flavorful pockets to hook you up with recipes you’ll need for your time out on the road.”
The deluxe edition of Me Time features a cook book, with each recipe lining up with one of the songs on the album.
Here, some of our favorite 2 Chainz wisdom:
On seasoning: “Keep in mind, all measurements are at the discretion of your palette. As we all know, some people have a lot of flavor, while others enjoy their food and their lifestyle a little more subtle (boring.)
On bling: “If wearing a four-finger ring, carefully place it on a side table before starting to cook.”
On ambience: “Position yourself in a room surrounded by a handful of TVs playing SportsCenter with the sound off.”
On presentation: “Serve warm, lean back and vibe out.”
Here are 10 of our favorite takeaways from 2Chainz and Aleem on how to do mealtime like a true hip-hop star:
- “Put on your Versace apron.”
- “If wearing a four-finger ring, carefully place it on a side table before starting to cook.”
- “Position yourself in a room surrounded by a handful of TVs playing ‘Sports Center’ with the sound off.”
- “Cook [teriyaki salmon] for 3 to 4 minutes while blasting ‘Hit It With Fork’ at an ignorant level.”
- “Call Fergie, invite her to watch a movie on Netflix. Once she accepts, start making green beans.”
- “Follow 2Chainz and feel free to freestyle your cooking until you (and whoever’s eating alongside you) enjoy it.”
- “Start ‘U Da Realest’ from the top and get into the right headspace to finish up the meal.”
- “Serve [garlic mashed potatoes] in gold bowl and garnish with remaining parsley.”
- “Plate chicken for yourself, sit at the head of your dining room table and eat the chicken while you sing along to ‘Beautiful Pain.'”
- “Take a minute to celebrate yourself and celebrate the ‘me time’ you were able to spend cooking these meals.”
Connect With Us: